Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Blue Glo-tini


Ah, "The Year of a Million Dreams" at WDW... What a blast it was. This was the signature drink of the event and boy are they awesome. I remember having one (or two or three... Come to think of it, I can't remember...) at a number of dinners all through the parks. Our waiter at the Coral Reef told us this great story about how that year a hurricane had blown through close to where he lived, knocking out power for several days. Because he was new to the area, he hadn't put together any sort of hurricane readiness kit. All he had was dozens and dozens of glo cubes to use for light. Priceless!
Now I'm not a big drinker and if I can taste the alcohol I want no part of it... And this you can't taste a drop of it. Which is wonderful but, well, you've been warned.

Plus a drink that's blue and has a glowing "ice cube?" What's not to love?

Blue Glo-tini

1.5 oz Citrus Vodka (I’m cheap, I use Smirnoff)
.5 oz Peach Schnapps (Again, the cheap stuff, Jenkins)
.5 oz Blue Curacao (I go all out on that stuff and use Bols)
1.5 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Sour/Margarita Mix (Ok, I’ll admit it… I use TGIFriday’s Sour Mix)

Combine all in a martini shaker, shake, then strain into a sugar-rimmed martini glass. Finish by floating a glowing “ice cube” in the glass.

Looking for replacement ice cubes for something slightly cheaper than a return trip to Disney? Check these folks out. Though maybe this is the excuse you were looking for to go back... Or perhaps need to pad your hurricane readiness kit? I know I'd need a glo-tini or two if a hurricane were to blow through here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
footer